Juan Ignacio Chela is one of the latest marginally irrelevant ATP players to take swipes at the WTA (I’m looking at you, Janko Tipsarevic). Chela took to his Twitter feed (@JuanIChela) yesterday, taking swipes at the WTA supposedly in the name of fun and jest.
1. Al terminar el partido saludar como miss mundo. -> When the match is over, wave at the crowd like Miss Universe.
2. A partir de 4tos de final entrar maquillada a la cancha. -> As soon as you reach the quarters, enter the court with makeup on.
3. Cuando entra el coach a la cancha y te habla mirar para el otro lado. -> When your coach arrives for on-court coaching, look in the other direction.
4. Mantener el grito al impactar por encima de 1500 decibelios. -> Keep the grunting above 1,500 decibels.
5. Darle la espalda a la cancha antes de sacar y acomodar la cuerda 20 segundos. -> Turn your back at the court before taking out your racquet then adjust the strings for 20 seconds.
6. Nunca entrenar con otra WTA player. -> Never practice with another WTA player.
7. Odiar a todas tus colegas. -> Hate your colleagues.
8. Fundamental colgar algun peluche en el raquetero. -> It’s fundamental to have some stuffed animal in your racquet bag.
9. Es clave generar 100 milimetros de lagrimas dia por medio. -> It’s paramount to produce an average of 100 millimeters of tears per day.
10. Que en alguna etapa de tu carrera te agarre un ataque de acne. -> That at any moment in your career, you get to face acne.
As if that wasn’t enough, after declaring Chela “his idol”, Feliciano Lopez (@feliciano_lopez) joined in.
1. @JuanIChela Que tu sparring te deje ganar o de lo contrario morritos durante una semana.. -> Your sparring partner lets you win or you pout for a week.2. @JuanIChela Que tu madre te acompañe al 90 por ciento de los torneos.. -> Your mother is with you for 90% of tournaments.
I am the only one who finds the irony here? First off, these two probably spend more time in front of a mirror than half the WTA. The quotes aren’t funny, playing at typical feminine stereotypes. Gisela Dulko (@gidulko) Chela’s countrywoman, was quick to point out that while some elite WTA players behave in such a matter, there’s a difference between them and the rest of the WTA.
Well, I give them credit for one thing. Unlike most of the ATP, at least they watch women’s tennis.